Please note: Epic Games keys are not Steam keys.They will not activate on Steam.
To activate a game key via Epic Games you need to download, install, launch and sign into the free "Epic Games Launcher" - explained below:
- Visit https://epicgames.com/store/en-US/ and click the "GET EPIC GAME" button in the upper right corner to download the "Epic Games Launcher"
- Run the downloaded installer to install the "Epic Games Launcher"
- The "Epic Games Launcher" starts automatically at the end of the installation process, you can restart it again later via (for example) your Windows Start menu or your Mac OS Finder's list of "Applications":
- If you already have an Epic account, just enter your Epic account's email address and password then click the "Sign in" button.
If you don't yet have an Epic account, click the "Sign Up" link and complete the form that then appears in your web browser. After registering an account return to the "Epic Game Launcher" app and sign into your account.
- Click your account icon in the lower left corner and then click "Redeem Code":
- Then type (or preferably copy and paste, to avoid mistakes) the key code you received through your fanatical.com order into the form and click the "REDEEM" button:
NOTE: If your EPIC code is rejected, try again in your web browser via https://www.epicgames.com/account/code-redemption
- The game will now be added to your Epic account's "LIBRARY", to install it click "LIBRARY" in the upper left column within the "Epic Game Launcher" then click the game's name to start the game's installation